We recommend working with local people from the outset to plan and prepare new initiatives. This is because a more integrated, joined-up approach helps prevent any future conflicts about use of local resources and sites. It also makes the final result more sustainable in the long term by reviewing environmental, economic and social aspects together.
Our recommended approach to local regeneration for example is as follows:
- Taking stock of the current situation
- Involving local residents and businesses
- Forming a local regeneration partnership (“Town Team”)
- Clarifying the key issues
- Agreeing objectives and outcomes
- Identifying potential improvements and projects
- Carrying out project appraisal
- Seeking further specialist advice
More details of each step can be found in our relevant webpages.