We can make a campaigning difference by writing individual letters to politicians, but we can often make a further difference by joining together.
At a local level there are many opportunities for collective action, for example:
- Creating and supporting a local food bank and / or credit union
- Car sharing and “Dial-a-Ride” minibus services
- Repair cafes for household goods and clothing
Religious organisations are involved, and there are also many national membership organisations which offer training and advice on setting up your own local effort:
- Association of Town and City Management (ATCM)
- Centre for Local Economic Strategies (CLES)
- Incredible Edible Network (local community food production)
- Locality (umbrella organisation for local groups making a difference)
- Transition Network (supporting local transition groups)
There are also voluntary sector organisations with a particular remit for climate change, including:
- Centre for Sustainable Energy (CES)
- Future Leap
- National Flood Forum (for people at risk of flooding)
- Carbon Copy
See the Climate Action Networks page for emerging links to local groups in your area.
- All organisations will need to practise what they preach around energy and water use, and transport etc.
- All organisations will need to future-proof their centres and activities, and take care of their staff and members
- Media and email updates from CLES, Locality, Carbon Copy and other organisations
This page was last updated on 16th February 2023.